All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionTONI MASCOLO was a happy one-year-old toddler in the sleepy Italian town of Scafati, near Pompeii, when, in September 1943, the Allied landings at Saler brought war to his family's doorstep. More than seventy years later, he is the distinguished head of Toni&Guy, a Knight of the Italian Republic, an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, and a Papal Knight. What happened in the years between forms the core of his fascinating autobiography. The author became the head of his hard-working, yet often hard-up, Italian hairdressing family when his mother died, aged just forty-fi ve, in December 1962. Toni's father, who had brought the whole family to live in London in the 1950s, was devastated by his wife's death, and it was left to Toni and his brother Guy to feed and care for their younger brothers. The first Toni&Guy salon opened in London's Clapham Park Road in 1963 and w, after over half a century of extraordinary expansion, there are more than 500 salons all over the globe. Yet it remains at heart a family business, infused with the spirit of family closeness and strength that permeates every part of this book. In this lively, informative, sometimes tragic and often moving memoir, Toni Mascolo explains how he became 'Hairdresser to the World', and Chairman and Chief Executive of the largest hairdressing chain on the planet, one of the most famous and recognisable brands in countless countries.
- Author BiographyToni Mascolo opened his first salon with his brother Guy in London in 1963. There are now more than 50 TONI&GUY salons all over the world with US locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, New Jersey, and Texas.
- Author(s)Toni Mascolo
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Weight567 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.