All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApprenticed at 14 to life in the circus, Tony Pastor seemed destined for a career in show business. Indeed, true to his desire and his rigorous training, Pastor spent his life within the theater milieu. He made significant contributions to both variety and vaudeville as a songwriter, performer and theater owner. With a head for business, a knack for discovering new talent, and a sharp understanding of popular taste, Pastor initiated new business practices in theater and gave audiences what they sought in entertainment.
- Author BiographyThe late Armond Fields was a social historian specializing in American popular theater. The author of numerous books about vaudeville and other early theater figures, he lived in Culver City, California.
- Author(s)Armond Fields
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.