All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.70Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.06Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.40Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered why you shiver when you re cold, or sweat when you re hot? It may seem natural that emperor penguins huddle together to stay warm in the Arctic, but why exactly does this prevent them from freezing? Is your dog just out of breath when he pants after running around outside, or does panting actually help him to cool down? In TOO HOT? TOO COLD?, Caroline Arld, acclaimed author of nfiction for young readers, answers these questions and more. In clear and concise writing, readers will discover the many different ways humans and animals adapt to heat and cold. The book includes a straight-forward explanation of cold-blooded and warm-blooded animals, and young science enthusiasts will be amazed to learn how remarkably similar animals and humans are when it comes to keeping their body temperatures just right.
- Author BiographyCaroline Arnold is the award-winning author of more than one hundred and forty books for children, including WIGGLE AND WAGGLE, A WARMER WORLD, and TOO HOT? TOO COLD?: KEEPING BODY TEMPERATURE JUST RIGHT. She lives in Los Angles, California.
- Author(s)Annie Patterson,Caroline Arnold
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.