All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA great, concise resource for anyone with diabetes. An inspiring, optimistic and, at the same time, practical perspective. Dr. Keith Ablow MD An irreverent take on a serious disease.Diabetes requires effort to control and to prevent complications. Though the goal to make your numbers (i.e., glucose, A1c, cholesterol and blood pressure) are important, you can be and should be more than your numbers and live life to its fullest as demonstrated in Too Sweet. Dr. John Chip H. Reed III, MD, CDE I really enjoyed reading this book. Words and phrases that sum up how I'd describe it: humble, witty, candid, entertaining AND educational, and overall just fun to read! She had me from the very start! For me one of the best parts is the lists that are scattered throughout the book - of various jokes and D-Lingo, her loves and hates about D - and her use of humor to battle diabetes myths and misconceptions that permeate the world. www.diabetesmine.com I was instantly greeted with light and humorous prose. After a wonderful welcome to a disorder that is part of your life forever, I was reminded that laughter and a positive attitude are key to making life with diabetes more manageable. I was instantly sucked in and eagerly looked forward to seeing what the rest of the book had in store for me. Diabetes Advocacy Highly recommended reading for a family member, friend, significant other or anyone you kw who might be interested in the real life of someone who is dealing with Type 1 diabetes on a daily basis - a tough job. Gutsy book from a gutsy lady, lots of laughter, but the true facts are there. Great Christmas gift. Diabetic Live Life is hardly sugary sweet when you're a card-carrying member of the diabetic club-whether you're diagsed with the disease yourself or have a loved one who is. But if laughter is the best medicine, then Too Sweet is just what the doctor ordered: a candid, humorous, and empathetic guide to living with diabetes, written by a life coach with twenty years of experience as a type 1 diabetic. Born with a hatred of needles and a love of sweets, Laura Kronen shares a wide variety of personal insights relating to the diabetic life. They are often comforting and sometimes embarrassing, but always brutally honest. From addressing common diabetic myths to detailing highs and lows and dealing with that pesky disease label, this refreshing and lighthearted look at type 1 and 2 is one that anyone affected by diabetes will be sure to find inspiring and relatable. Without reciting dry medical information or harping on scary complications, Too Sweet is all about focusing on the present moment. So if you're craving something uplifting, you'll find a new friend and confidante in this unique guide, written by someone who has been through it all.
- Author BiographyLaura Kronen, author of Too Sweet: The Not-So-Serious Side to Diabetes, is also the founder and CEO of the life-affirming, transformational life coaching company, Be You Only Better, and is a successful entrepreneur. Kronen has accomplished many things in a 23-year career that was nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine when it featured her as a top entrepreneur of the year. But, she's most proud of something that others go to great lengths to hide or downplay - she's a diabetic who has learned to thrive both in spite of and because of her chronic condition. Being a diabetic poses many challenges but along the way, when we learn to cope and even thrive, life can truly be lived fully and enjoyably, says Laura. Once in a blue moon, I sometimes still question why I got this disease. However, then I recover from my funk and consider myself lucky that it's fairly manageable, and that medicine has come a long way since the dark ages of tasting our own urine for sugar content. Kronen, who participates in diabetic research studies and volunteers her time to support diabetics groups, educates readers about insulin pumps, glucose meters and tablets, and foods that give diabetics energy boosts. She also shares her perspective on the highs and lows of erratic blood sugar levels. Though her book specifically addresses diabetics, it has an inspirational message for all of those who suffer from a chronic disease. Having a disease can empower you, says Laura. It's all about how you look at things. It's no surprise that Laura has a positive, even empowering attitude. She provides motivational, entrepreneurial, diabetic, and relationship coaching to her clients around the world. Her coaching techniques have changed people's lives, enabling them to live up to their truest potential, giving them the necessary tools to achieve their dreams. The Be You Only Better blog, written by Kronen features daily self-help articles on a variety of useful topics, from building self-confidence to facing fears. She also provides top reviews of fitness, beauty, and skincare products and services from all over the globe. Additionally Kronen has launched The Be You Only Better Institute of Coaching to train other potential coaches in her incredibly successful strategies and methods. Kronen resides with her family in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Laura Kronen
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.