All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristopher Tookey has seen at least 10,000 films. For eight years, he was TV and then film critic for the Sunday Telegraph. For twenty years, he was sole film critic for the Daily Mail and the world's most popular internet newspaper, Mail Online. In 2013, he won the award Arts Reviewer of the Year from the London Press Club. This is a book about 144 of Christopher's least favourite movies. In his opinion, the movies we hate tell us as much about present-day culture as our favourites. All offer insights into the mindset of those who made or commissioned them. Virtually all make us aware of things we might rather t kw about our culture and values , or lack thereof. Technically, movies are more advanced than ever before; yet, paradoxically, seldom have so many wrongheaded movies been made. And never have they plumbed the depths of ineptitude, depravity and risibility that they have over the last 25 years. The choice of films Christopher has disliked over the past two and a half decades may be controversial. Some movies he finds ridiculous have achieved critical acclaim. A few have won Oscars. But the fact that The Da Vinci Code, The Hangover II and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith are among the most commercially successful movies of all time should t disguise the fact that they are also, in his opinion, bloody awful. Tookey's Turkeys will appeal greatly to the general reader and in particular to all film fans, including those who have followed Christopher's reviews over the years. In a companion volume, Tookey's Talkies, Christopher has written about the best 144 films that he has seen over the same period.
- Author BiographyFor 20 years, Christopher Tookey was sole film critic for the Daily Mail and Mail Online. In 2013, he was named Arts Reviewer of the Year by the London Press Club. For five years he was Chairman of the British Film Critics' Circle. He has frequently presented The Film Programme for BBC Radio 4. Chris is creator of www.movie-film-review.com, the world's biggest collection of film criticism. He previously published Named and Shamed (Matador, 2010).
- Author(s)Christopher Tookey
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/03/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.