All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionTools for Dossier Success demystifies the dossier process from start to finish. Written for faculty members at different points in their academic trajectory, this is a practical, step-by-step guide to planning, creating, and polishing the best possible representation of accumulated evidence and accomplishments in teaching, research, and service. The 'how to' information offered here is essential for those seeking tenure or promotion from associate professor to professor, senior faculty serving as mentors, and graduate students planning an entrance into academia. The authors' six-step REPEAT model is a dynamic model for successful preparation of the dossier. The REPEAT steps are: Read Requirements, Get an Early Start, Plan and Organize, Enlist the Assistance of Others, Astutely Manage Time, and, Turn in Dossier on Time. The key features include: relevant and useful information for faculty in diverse disciplines and settings; a comprehensive six-step model to ensure the best representation of one's work; tips and suggestions to help avoid common pitfalls; best practice examples from successful tenured faculty; steps for seeking out assistance from other faculty, mentors, and peers; and a balanced review of the 'ups and downs' of the tenure process.
- Author BiographyJoy J. Burnham is an Associate Professor of Counselor Education in the College of Education at The University of Alabama. Lisa M. Hooper is an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education in the College of Education at The University of Alabama. Vivian H. Wright is an Associate Professor of Instructional Technology in the College of Education at The University of Alabama.
- Author(s)Joy J. Burnham,Lisa M. Hooper,Vivian H. Wright
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight158 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.