All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.63
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $11.64Trending at AU $17.22
- AU $16.71Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $11.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn Toos Goes Uptown, young readers get a realistic look at the beautiful city of Charlotte, North Carolina, through the eyes of a very curious cat. Toos is a male calico who lives with his human, John, in the southern city. Toos has quite the imagination and taste for adventure and exploration. Due to his luck, Toos has a knack for coming out of potentially dangerous situations unscathed. While his days usually consist of napping, eating, and playing with catnip, John leaves the door open as he gets the paper one day, leaving Toos the opportunity of a lifetime. The curious cat just cant wait to explore Charlotte and all the other cats he keeps hearing about! With powerful illustrations by Chicago native Kyle F. Anderson, Toos Goes Uptown offers young readers as well as cat lovers a realistic portrayal of a curious cat in a big city. Unlike other cats in children's books, Toos is t a cartoon who can communicate with his human owner or walk upright. Toos is just like your average household cat that sleeps a lot, purrs a lot, and has quite the attitude. The first in a series about Toos, Toos Goes Uptown was written by two current Charlotte residents, Karen L. Belciglio and Tracey Tolbert. From the Panthers football team to the LYNX light rail and CATS transportation system, Charlotte is a town populated by feline logos and mascots, and Tolbert and Belciglio decided that their beloved city needed its own cat-in-residence. Thus, the idea behind their series about Toos was born.
- Author BiographyBoth longtime residents of Charlotte, North Carolina, authors Tracey Tolbert and Karen L. Belciglio love their city. From the Panthers football team to the LYNX light rail and CATS transportation system, Charlotte appears to be a town populated by feline logos and mascots. Tolbert and Belciglio decided that their beloved city needed its own cat-in-residence, and the idea behind their series about Toos was born. This work was illustrated by Kyle F. Anderson, an amazing young talent from Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)Karen L Belciglio,Tracey Tolbert
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kyle F Anderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.