Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8 by Tim Sievers (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionGo beyond the basics and discover the Secrets of Windows 8. This straight forward guide is full of practical step-by-step visual instructions. Screen shots help you learn visually and quickly become productive. From the best selling author of the Kindle Fire Tips & Tricks. Hello, I'm Tim Sievers. I've used every Microsoft Operating System (OS) since the days of MS-DOS in the 1980's and over the years I've seen huge improvements in usability and design. However, looking back only one previous version of the OS stands out in my mind as a truly radical re-think of its predecessors, until w. In its day, Windows 95 was a game changer, users longer had to deal with the dreaded DOS command-line because the user-friendly graphical Desktop was at the forefront of the user experience. After 17 years, Microsoft has dared to re-imagine Windows again. The promotion of the new Modern User Interface (Modern UI) ahead of the Desktop and Microsoft's push for developers to focus on building web-based touch-enabled apps for a new generation of tablets, laptops and PC's is a major change. I can still see the Desktop remaining a big part of the user experience for a long time to come, but like Windows 95 all those years ago, Windows 8 stands out as a radical redesign. Recently updated for Windows 8.1, this guide is a collection of the best 100 tips that I have found for Windows 8. Designed to help you get up to speed quickly, this guide covers both the new Modern UI and the improved features of the Desktop. Because Windows 8 is built for both touchscreen and traditional computing devices I have included both touchscreen gesture and keyboard/mouse instructions. Also, as a bonus extra, I have included a list of the most common Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts. This handy reference is divided into several categories to help you quickly find the shortcut you need, when you need it. So, whether you've just started using Windows 8 or you've been using it for a while, I'm sure you'll find some useful tips here that will improve your Windows 8 experience.
- Author BiographyTim Sievers is a bestselling author of several ebook titles, including the Kindle Fire Tips & Tricks and the Top 100 Tips for iPad. A Certified Microsoft & Apple support professional, Tim has been using computers since the 1980's and providing professional technical support since the 1990's.
- Author(s)Tim Sievers
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.