All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.17
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
About this product
- DescriptionA summary of the 250 best books for LGBTQ teens, written by experts on the subject and addressed to teen book buyers. Identifying titles that address the sensitive and important topics of coming out, being out, and the search for community, this catalog spotlights the best gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, and questioning books written for teens. The authors cover fiction of all kinds, as well as graphic vels and general nfiction aimed at readers in middle school and high school, and include recent publications as well as classics that continue to be read and enjoyed by 21st-century teens. Information on how to find library programs, services, and additional resources for LGBTQ teens is also provided, making this a one-stop sourcebook for LGBTQ teens, their families, friends, and classmates, as well as teachers and librarians.
- Author BiographyA columnist and reviewer for Booklist magazine, Michael Cart is the author or editor of twenty-two books, including The Heart Has Its Reasons: Young Adult Literature with Gay/Lesbian/Queer Content, 1969-2004, which he co-authored with Christine A. Jenkins. A past president of both YALSA and ALAN, Cart.is the recipient of the 2000 Grolier Award and first recipient of the YALSA/Greenwood Publishing Group Service to Young Adults Achievement Award. Until his relocation to the Midwest, he taught young adult literature at UCLA. Christine A. Jenkins is associate professor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She holds a PhD and MS in library and information studies and an MA in children's literature. Jenkins is recipient of several teaching awards and has a decade of experience as a school librarian/media specialist. She is co-author (with Michael Cart) of The Heart Has Its Reasons: Young Adult Literature with Gay/Lesbian/Queer Content, 1969-2004, and has published articles on historical and contemporary children's and young adult literature and librarianship; intellectual freedom for youth; and online education. She and her wife live in a 100-year-old bungalow in Champaign, Illinois.
- Author(s)Christine A. Jenkins,Michael Cart
- PublisherHuron Street Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuron Street Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.