Top Dog: The Science of Winning and Losing by Po Bronson, Ashley Merryman (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.89+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>New York Times Bestseller </i></b> Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman's work changes the national dialogue. Beyond their bestselling books, you kw them from commentary and features in the <i>New York Times</i>, CNN, NPR, <i>Time</i>, <i>Newsweek</i>, <i>Wired</i>, <i>New York</i>, and more. E-mail, Facebook, and Twitter accounts are filled with demands to read their reporting (such as How Not to Talk to Your Kids, Creativity Crisis, and Losing Is Good for You ). In <b>TOP DOG</b>, Bronson and Merryman again use their astonishing blend of science and storytelling to reveal what's truly in the heart of a champion. The joy of victory and the character-building agony of defeat. Testosterone and the neuroscience of mistakes. Why rivals motivate. How home field advantage gets you a raise. What teamwork really requires. It's baseball, the SAT, sales contests, and Linux. How before da Vinci and FedEx were invators, first, they were great competitors. Olympians carry <b>TOP DOG</b> in their gym bags. It's in briefcases of Wall Street traders and Madison Avenue madmen. Risk takers from Silicon Valley to Vegas race to implement its ideas, as educators debate it in halls of academia. Now see for yourself what this game-changing talk is all about.
- Author BiographyPo Bronson and Ashley Merryman's <i>NurtureShock</i> was on the <i>New York Times</i> bestseller list for six months. One of the most influential books about children ever published, <i>NurtureShock</i> landed on more than 35 Year's Best lists and has been translated into 16 languages. The authors have won nine national awards for their reporting, including the PEN USA Award for Literary Journalism and the American Association for the Advancement of Science Award for Outstanding Journalism. Prior to their collaboration, Bronson authored five books, including <i>What Should I Do with My Life?</i>, a #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestseller with more than ten months on the list. Merryman's journalism has appeared in <i>Time</i>, <i>Newsweek</i>, <i>New York</i>, <i>The Washington Post</i>, and many other venues. Bronson lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children. Merryman lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Ashley Merryman,Po Bronson
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.