Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe advanced model rocketeer will find that this book allows him to predict every aspect of his model's performance. It is a comprehensive and rigorous treatment of the trajectory analysis, aerodynamics, and flight dynamics of model rockets; it contains many original methods and demonstrates a wealth of complex problems that still require solutions in model rocketry.More specifically, Topics in Advance Model Rocketry include methods that will enable the modeler to calculate the following: the point-mass approximation altitude for any rocket or cluster; the drag coefficient, rmal force coefficient, damping factor, moments of inertia, restoring moments, and so forth, of his vehicle; and the dynamic behavior of his rocket, that is, oscillation frequency, amplitude, spin rate, and perturbing forces. In addition, the equations will allow the modeler to design his vehicle so that wind and other perturbing flight forces have a minimal effect on its performance.In the past, many older modelers left the hobby of model rocketry because advanced information and challenges were lacking; w Topics in Advance Model Rocketry can provide the veteran modeler with exactly the information he needs, while it also serves as a basis for further theoretical research in the field.
- Author(s)George J. Caporaso,Gordon K. Mandell,William P. Bengan
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2003
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Out-of-print date28/02/2017
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1498 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.