All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionTopics in Ecological and Environmental Microbiology provides an overview of ecological aspects of the metabolism and behavior of microbes, microbial habitats, biogeochemical cycles, and biotechlogy. This essential reference was designed by selecting relevant chapters from the authoritative and comprehensive Encyclopedia of Microbiology, 3rd edn., and inviting the original authors to update their material to include key developments and advances in the field. This concise and affordable book is an essential reference for students and researchers in microbiology, mycology, immulogy, environmental sciences, and biotechlogy.
- Author BiographyDepartment of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University Dr. Schaechter is a Distinguished Professor, Emeritus at Tufts University, where he served as chairman of the Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology from 1970 to 1993. He has worked on bacterial growth physiology and the relationship of the chromosome and the bacterial cell membrane. He has authored ten treatises and textbooks, most in collaboration with others, plus a book for the general public, In the Company of Mushrooms. He has served as President of the American Society for Microbiology. Currently, he is Adjunct Professor Emeritus, Biology Department, at San Diego State University and Visiting Scholar at the University of California, San Diego.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1960 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMoselio Schaechter,Thomas M. Schmidt
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.