Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a systematic and comprehensive approach to functional equations as a whole. Unlike in other branches of competitive mathematics, there is very little theory; instead, the methods and techniques utilized in solving these equations play the most important part. For this reason the book takes a highly practical path and includes lots of problems designed to teach students how to familiarize themselves with every strategy employed, as well as how to experiment in combining and manipulating different techniques. This work contains all the important functional equations given at contests in recent years, classified by the way the equations are solved. It explains the reasoning behind each method and offers advice on how to invent meaningful solutions.
- Author BiographyTitu Andreescu, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, USA Iurie Boreico, Stanford University, CA, USA Oleg Mushkarov and Nikolai Nikolov</strrong>, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Author(s)Iurie Boreico,Nikolai Nikolov,Oleg Mushkarov,Titu Andreescu
- PublisherXYZ Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- Place of PublicationTX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintXYZ Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.