Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionALLEN W. ROOT On November 11 and 12, 1988, a Festschrift was held to hor our Chief;' Lewis A. Barness. Who is our Chief, and why was such an occasion held? I will t attempt to describe him in terms of his scientific and scholarly accomplish- ments, which have spanned more than four decades. Rather, I will describe the characteristics of an individual whose concern for humanity has made him the quintessential role model for countless students, residents, and graduate pediatri- cians around the world. The Chief's concern is manifested by his love for chil- dren and his tireless efforts on their behalf, as well as his genuine affection for his colleagues, all of whom are also his friends. During the 2-day celebration, many of these friends had an opportunity to make comments which I believe capture portions of the essence of this remark- able human being: Many of us are better persons because of our association with the Chief ...:' Many of us have chosen pediatrics as a career as an unspoken act of tribute to him ...We love you and we thank you for making the world a better place to spend some time. (F. Oski) Lew fulfilled all our dreams ...We all wish we could have done half so well. (R. Klein) [Your] ever-present evidence of concern for your fellow man ...it is the quality of car- ing. (T.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBarry B. Bercu,Herbert H. Pomerance
- Foreword byAllen W. Root,John S. Curran
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.