All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe central theme of this book is the restoration of Poincare duality on stratified singular spaces by using Verdier-self-dual sheaves such as the prototypical intersection chain sheaf on a complex variety. Highlights include complete and detailed proofs of decomposition theorems for self-dual sheaves, explanation of methods for computing twisted characteristic classes and an introduction to the author's theory of n-Witt spaces and Lagrangian structures.
- Author BiographyEMPLOYMENT: Since 2004: Professor at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universitat Heidelberg, Germany 2002 - 2004: Assistant Professor (tenure track) at the University of Cincinnati, USA 1999 - 2002: Van Vleck Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA EDUCATION: Ph.D. Mathematics, Courant Institute (New York University), May 1999. Field: Topology. Dissertation Title: Extending Intersection Homology Type Invariants to non-Witt Spaces. RESEARCH AREA: Algebraic and Geometric Topology, Stratified Spaces.
- Author(s)Markus Banagl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/01/2007
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1250 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.