All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most readable introduction to the theory of vector spaces available in English and possibly any other language. -J. L. B. Cooper, MathSciNet Review Mathematically rigorous but user-friendly, this classic treatise discusses major modern contributions to the field of topological vector spaces. The self-contained treatment includes complete proofs for all necessary results from algebra and topology. Suitable for undergraduate mathematics majors with a background in advanced calculus, this volume will also assist professional mathematicians, physicists, and engineers. The precise exposition of the first three chapters-covering Banach spaces, locally convex spaces, and duality-provides an excellent summary of the modern theory of locally convex spaces. The fourth and final chapter develops the theory of distributions in relation to convolutions, tensor products, and Fourier transforms. Augmented with many examples and exercises, the text includes an extensive bibliography. Reprint of the Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, 1966 edition.
- Author(s)John Horvarth
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Books on Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width159 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.