All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionEvery week in Jewish synagogues the world over, a selection of a few chapters is considered from the Torah (the Pentateuch or the Law of Moses). The discipline of reading the parashah or Torah portion on Shabbat (the Sabbath) has helped maintain the cohesion of the Jewish people for millennia. As Messianic congregations have been formed, this tradition is something which has helped enliven the Bible readings and studies of those, Jewish Believers and evangelical Christians embracing their Hebraic Roots alike, who look to Moses' Teaching to tell us something about the relationship each of us is to have with Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ), and how we are to grow in holiness. What are the benefits of consistently examining the Torah? What old lessons might need to be re-learned every year, and what are some new lessons for God's people to be considering? How will the Torah form a major part of the emerging Messianic movement's understanding of the mission of God, and with what He wants to do with His people? Will we really be able to understand the admonition, The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law? (Deuteromy 29:29)? TorahScope, Volume I is a compilation of insightful, reflective commentaries on the weekly Torah readings, gleaned from the studies and tes of William Mark Huey. Written from a Messianic perspective, this volume shares his conviction that a Believer's life and walk with the Messiah Yeshua can be viewed through the grid and lens of consistent Torah study. It provides contemporary examples of the relevancy of the Torah to all Messiah followers, and how we are to all be conformed to His image (Romans 8:29).
- Author BiographyMark Huey (B.A., Vanderbilt University in History and Graduate Studies at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University) is the Director of Outreach Israel Ministries (www.outreachisrael.net). He is the author of several books, including: TorahScope, Volumes I & II, and Counting the Omer: A Daily Devotional Toward Shavuot. He is also co-author of Hebraic Roots: An Introductory Study.
- Author(s)William Mark Huey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.