All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIgnite your passion for jewelry Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry combines beading and wire-working techniques with the intense beauty of torch-fired enameled beads. Metal becomes your canvas as you learn the basics of enameling with a torch, then dive into 22 exquisite pieces, ranging from quirky cattywampus earrings to ethereal pendants to delicate multi-stranded necklaces. Find out how easy it is to create unique and colorful enamel pieces in this invative, comprehensive guide to the world of torch-fired enameling. Inside you'll find: * A hands-on, in-depth approach to enameling beads, pendants and other metal findings using a torch instead of a kiln. * An extensive enameling workshop, with information on equipment, materials and safety considerations. * Tips and tricks for making truly unique pieces: learn how to modulate color, create burnt edges and manipulate the gas/oxygen ratio to achieve color flashes and smoky hazes. * Jewelry and metal-working techniques, from wire-wrapping to etching copper sheet, that create a perfect backdrop to your stunning enamel creations. Light the torch, gather your enamels and start painting with fire in Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry. look. make. meet.
- Author BiographyBarbara Lewis has over 15 years produced functional and decorative ceramic pieces from her home pottery studio for exhibition and for sale in juried galleries in the Washington, D.C. area. She has taught torch-fired workshops and has been published in Belle Armoire Jewelry and Stringing Magazine.
- Author(s)Barbara Lewis
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Out-of-print date27/10/2016
- Content Note300 colour, 5 black & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.