All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionNystrom's gift as a poet is that she doesn't stop looking, and her poems make sure it is all still there for us to see. --Eamon GrennanThe landscape of Torn Sky is South Dakota, a place of extremes, where parched land meets frigid air and exiled Native Americans still struggle to live in peace alongside ranchers. Nystrom's poems weave together the voices of her childhood with ghosts of the last two tumultuous centuries and articulate with such subtle and unsentimental grace that each side is understood.Debra Nystrom was born in Pierre, South Dakota. She is the author of one previous book, A Quarter Turn. She lives in Charlottesville, Virginia, and teaches at the University of Virginia.
- Author BiographyNystrom grew up in South Dakota, where she returns each year to family land on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. She has published two previous books of poetry, Torn Sky and A Quarter Turn. Her current work has appeared in Ploughshares, Slate, Agni, Five Points, The Virginia Quarterly Review, and TriQuarterly. She teaches at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Director Book Program Debra Nystrom
- PublisherSarabande Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarabande Books
- Weight318 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.