All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a Haynes Manual with a difference. Published in association with The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust, it explains the construction, operation and maintenance of 60163 Tornado, the new steam locomotive that attracts huge crowds wherever it appears. Based on the LNER Peppercorn Class A1 design, of which 49 were originally built but eventually all scrapped, Tornado is a magnificent and fully operational replica that is totally faithful to the original Peppercorn A1s in all respects except for modernisation to suit today's safety requirements. This manual about a unique steam locomotive will fascinate all railway enthusiasts as well as those who appreciate British engineering excellence.
- Author BiographyGeoff Smith is one of The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust volunteers. A chartered chemical and energy engineer, he was technical director for a major UK-based energy and environmental consultancy company until retirement in 2008.
- Author(s)Geoff Smith
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication18/05/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.