All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToronto Sun columnist Mike Filey is back with Toronto Sketches 8, the series that captures the people, politics, and architecture of Toronto's past with photographs and anecdotes that will change the way you see the city forever. The book brings us back to the time of Toronto's original horse-drawn streetcar, the construction of Maple Leaf Gardens, and other memories of Toronto, many of which show how history repeats itself, as in the gas price wars of the early 20th century or the debate in 1911 over building a bridge to Toronto island.
- Author BiographyBorn in Toronto, Mike Filey's bestselling Toronto Sketches series is more popular now than ever before. His Toronto Sun column The Way We Were has a devoted readership and he has written more than a dozen books about Toronto.
- Author(s)Mike Filey
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight552 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.