CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionTorquay Through Time is a unique insight into the illustrious history of this part of the country. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of Torquay, the famous streets and the famous faces, and what they meant to the people of Torquay throughout the 19th and into the 20th Century. Looking beyond the exquisite exterior of these well-kept photos, readers can see the historical context in which they are set. Through the author's factual captions for every picture, and carefully-selected choice of images, the reader can achieve a reliable view of this town's history. Readers are invited to follow a timeline of events and watch the changing face of Torquay, as the author guide us through the town's streets. There is something for everyone here, whether they have lived in Devon all their lives, or whether they are just visiting this fabulous town. It also shows how photography has continually evolved to keep up with an ever-changing society.
- Author BiographyLeslie Retallick was born in Hornchurch, Essex but his family moved to Rugby in Warwickshire when he was six. While still at school he discovered a passion for history hen he took part in an archaeological excavation at the nearby Roman site of Tripontium. The family moved again, when he was in his late teens, to Torquay, where his parents ran a corner shop and where he still lives. Several years later, he took a summer seasonal job at Torre Abbey, an historic house and art gallery in Torquay, which led to a full-time senior post during a 36-year association with that building. There he expanded his interest in local history and has had a number of books and articles published on the subject. He is a keen photographer and video maker and is passionate about the conservation of what remains of Torquay's past.
- Author(s)Leslie Retallick
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.