All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.03
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if I told you that there were people around that can feel your pain, your guilt, your fears, and your hidden urges. Meet the twenty-something upstart Vance Waters. A young man that is coping with the pains of growing up with a virtuous heart yet tormented with a generational spiritual gift he inherited from his fathers before him. The tion of any person who is trying to maintain his spiritual walk can be hard. Yet Vance is trying to keep those virtues that guide him as well as his sanity as he is tested time and time again through trials. He treads through a world of the things he kws, and the things he wish he didn't. Torrential Waters is a hard-hitting coming of age spiritual experience that pulls punches. Whether if it is concerning conquering adversity, peer-pressure, bullying, relationships, and sexuality; Torrential Waters goes there with a ferocity of a storm that ravages your senses. This story dares to take you on a journey through the 'spiritual' eyes of a young man that has aspects of himself that is left wanting. Vance is t perfect, but if he does t cope with the pressures of life and his gift, he can become the perfect storm if he isn't careful.
- Author BiographyCedric Nettles is a native of Darlington, SC where he had dreams of becoming an ESPN sports anchor. Cedric never was able to play organized sports because of his asthma condition he endured from his infancy until he was 17 years old.By covering sports he could still enjoy the game as the passionate story teller he strives to be even if he was not destined to be able to tell his own stories as a former player. His career path took a different turn as he went from a young man that never ran a single mile in his life to an physically fit communications soldier in the United States Army He never dreamed that he would later find himself recruited to the most elite unit in the 10th Mountain Division. He later graduated from Airborne school and did parachutist duty for that unit. That experience had a profound impact on his life and changed a very shy and sheltered personality into the assertive presence he is today. He has encountered rejection, bullying, verbal abuse, that can really damage the psyche of anyone. Yet through a greater grace he overcame that. Cedric understands that becoming more confident in himself through his own trials and struggles means little if he does not reach his hand back to help others examine who they really are. For he feels there is no greater tragedy for a person to not know what they are really capable of because of the diseased seeds of doubts that were planted so deeply within them. He seeks to empower all he touches through his hard hitting storyline to become bigger believers in themselves and to strive for greatness as he still continues to preserver to higher ground. And again reach his hand back to help someone else up. He's worked in television behind the scenes, saw himself on the big screen as an actor for an independent film, as well as shot commercials. He's done freelance writing for sports forums. He also written and produced a documentary about his high school which was the first predominately black school to be accredited by the South Carolina State Department of Education . He now adds novelist to his growing resume' and he is looking forward to producing and directing many projects.
- Author(s)Cedric Nettles
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.