All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionIn Moths and Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland, volume 5, Part 2 Keith P. Bland offers a comprehensive account of the British members of the moth family TORTRICIDAE sensu lato. For ease of handling, it is divided into two volumes: the Tortricinae & Chlidatinae, and the Olethreutinae. Each volume is self-contained and indexed separately.
- Author BiographyKeith P Bland, Ph.D. (1966) FRES. Senior Lecturer at Edinburgh University Vet. (1969-1994). Curatorial Fellow at National Museums of Scotland (1954-2007). Associate Editor and contributor to MBGBI Vol. 4 (2002) and author of numerous other publications in Physiology and Entomology. Edward ('Ted') F. Hancock (1921 - 2001) was an industrial chemist involved in the manufacture of medical drugs, first as an apprentice with Boots Chemists (1938 to 1941), then after qualifying he joined a group at University of London devising a method for the large scale production of penicillin. Later he put this into practice with Glaxo Laboratories, first at Barnard Castle, then at Ulverston where he continued until his retirement. As a developing amateur entomologist his interest in Microlepidoptera was stimulated by a chance professional meeting in Ulverston with John Heath, the founder of this series, as well as of the Biological Records Centre. He produced the first draft of this volume in spite of being incapacitated by a series of strokes, which finally resulted in his death in February 2001. [see obituary in Ent.Rec. 113, 171-174]. Josef Razowski is a full professor at the Institute of Systematics and Evolution of Animals, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow. He is an internationally renowned lepidopterist, specializing in the Tortricidae. His extensive studies not only include the whole of the palaearctic region but many parts of the rest of the world as evidenced by his many publications and books.
- Author(s)E. F. Hancock,Jozef Razowski,Keith P. Bland
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleThe Moths & Butterflies of Great Britain & Ireland
- Series Part/Volume Number5/2
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1364 g
- Width22 mm
- Height29 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKeith P. Bland
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.