Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
About this product
- DescriptionSet in 1913 Naples, Italy, Tos-Cat is the story of an unlikely star of the operatic stage, and the kind, gentle mentor who believes in him. Giuseppe Cantante, a rewned Baritone of the opera world, dreams of opening his own opera house in the small quarter of Naples, where he lives. After revating an old fish packing warehouse, Giuseppe calls on his son, Silenzio, to help him open the new Piccolo San Carlo Opera House and to find the finest voices to star in the grand opening opera of Tosca. A famous music conductor and arranger, Silenzio is tasked with searching for an exquisite voice to launch the Piccolo San Carlo to overnight success, while at the same time, wade through the town's own colorful characters as they audition for the various demanding roles of the production. Though his dreams of becoming a great singer himself are yet unfulfilled, Silenzio is content in his role of helping his father find a Spinto ter worthy of the Piccolo, and in doing so, finds love in his old childhood friend, Bettina. As the grand opening night approaches with ter to be found, and many a plate of pasta nervously consumed, a stranger of dubious ilk appears to claim the covetous, lead ter role of Cavaradossi; a role, doubt, some would kill for. But one fateful, moonlit night, Giuseppe discovers a voice unlike any he's ever heard before; a voice so achingly beautiful as to rival all others in history. Though quite large, furry, and smelling faintly of anchovies, this new star of the stage would showcase Giuseppe's crowning achievement, and show the world that great things can come from the most unlikely of places. But t all who hear the stunning voice of this allergy-inducing new star are believers. The dark corners of the old warehouse hold secrets; secrets that could ruin a Divo Ter's dreams and bring down the star of the opera house before he even has a chance to shine!
- Author BiographyNhan is a singer and published poet and holds a degree in Theatre Arts. He lives with his wife in California and is currently owned by two cats (Jenna and Mr. Darcy) and Finn the Wonder Dog. The feline character of Mario in Toscat, is loosely based on Mr. Darcy (who might, or might not, sing Opera).
- Author(s)Nhan C Duong
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.