Total Recovery: Solving the Mystery of Chronic Pain and Depression: How We Get Sick, Why We Stay Sick, How We Can Recover by Gary Kaplan (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbout 100 million Americans live with some form of chronic pain--more than the combined number who suffer from diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. But chronic pain has always been a mystery. It often returns at the slightest provocation, even when doctors can't find anything wrong. Oddly eugh, whether the pain is physical or emotional, traumatic or slight, our brains register all pain as the same thing, and these signals can keep firing in the nervous system for months, even years.In Total Recovery, Dr. Gary Kaplan argues that we've been thinking about disease all wrong. Drawing on dramatic patient stories and cutting-edge research, the book reveals that chronic physical and emotional pain are two sides of the same coin. New discoveries show that disease is t the result of a single event but an accumulation of traumas. Every injury, every infection, every toxin, and every emotional blow generates the same reaction: inflammation, activated by tiny cells in the brain, called microglia. Turned on too often from too many assaults, it can have a devastating cumulative effect.Conventional treatment for these conditions is focused on symptoms, t causes, and can leave patients locked into a lifetime of pain and suffering. Dr. Kaplan's unified theory of chronic pain and depression helps us understand t only the cause of these conditions but also the issues we must address to create a pathway to healing. With this revolutionary new framework in place, we have been given the keys to recover.
- Author BiographyDr. Gary Kaplan, DO, is a pioneer of integrative medicine and one of just 19 physicians board-certified in both family medicine and pain medicine and practices in McLean, VA. A clinical associate professor at Georgetown University and director of the Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine, he has also served as a consultant to the NIH. He has been featured on Fox News, Good Morning America, NBC News, and NPR, as well as in the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. He lives in Fall's Church, VA. Donna Beech is a New York Times bestselling and award-winning collaborator whose work includes The Ghosts in the Wires, The Heartmath Solution, and The Everyday Advocate.
- Author(s)Gary Kaplan
- PublisherRodale Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Weight503 g
- Width159 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.