Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > The massive wood carvings unique to the Indian peoples of the Northwest Coast arouse a sense of wonder in all who see them. This guide helps the reader to understand and enjoy the form and meaning of totem poles and other sculptures. The author describes the origin and place of totem poles in Indian culture -- as ancestral emblems, as expressions of wealth and power, as ceremonial objects, as mythological symbols, and as magnificent artistic works of the people of the Pacific Northwest.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Marjorie M. Halpin was, for many years until her untimely death in 2001, curator of ethnology at the Museum of Anthropology and a member of the anthropology department at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Marjorie M. Halpin
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1981
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note81 photos, 6 in color
- Weight205 g
- Width5182 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.