All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionJan Svankmajer wrote this remarkable book on tactile art when he stopped directing films and experimented intensively with tactile art after repeated censorship by the communist governmnent of Czechoslovakia. Illustrated with over 100 imges, this book is organised around many reproductions of Svanmajker's wondrous tactile art objects, tactile poems, experiments and games. It includes dialogues with, and artworks by, other collaborating artists from the Group of Czech and Slovak Surrealists. Svankmajer also gathers together as contributors such table exponents of tactical experience as Edgar Allan Poe, Guillaume Appollinaire, Salvador Dali, Marcel Duchamp, Meret Oppenheim, Edith Clifford Williams, Ay-O, Valie Export, F.T. Marinetti and Karel Teige.
- Author BiographyCzech Surrealist, Jan Aevankmajer, is best known for his extraordinary animated films, Alice, Faust, Little Otik among them. His work far exceeds the limits of film and, whether film, visual or literary, is connected with the collective activities of the Group of Czech & Slovak Surrealists.
- Author(s)Jan Svankmajer
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note90 integrated bw illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byStanley Dalby
- Introduction byCathryn Vasseleu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.