All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
About this product
- DescriptionTouching the Soul provides a positive, practical how-to guide to help readers learn a new spiritual imagery counseling technique to heal the soul. Readers will find this book easy to follow and inspiring. By numbering the steps in the processes, it breaks down a very complex technique into clear and manageable steps, making it easy for counselors, pastors, chaplains, spiritual directors, or psychologists (even those who are beginners) to apply the spiritual imagery in their own practices for individual or group therapy. The tone is conversational and welcoming, and the anecdotes and case study add a friendly, down-to-earth touch. Readers from a wide variety of spiritual backgrounds can use the book. This book is borne of working with grief in a way that hors the natural self-regulation of emotion ( Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted Matt. 5:4). Many clients come into counseling angry with God or their Higher Power either for what has happened or because their fervent prayers went seemingly unanswered. They experience a grievance with God and have t forgiven God for disappointing them. Counseling under such circumstances is typically associated with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic-stress-disorder, or all of the above. Some clients have done previous work on these issues, but remain stuck on anger, shame, guilt, or lack of ability to forgive others. These larger issues almost always come tinged with low self-esteem, distrust, and a sense of purposelessness or meaninglessness-or both. This technique moves clients beyond where they have been stuck to a more productive and happy life.
- Author BiographyDiana F. Lee is an accomplished counselor with thirty-eight years of experience empowering people to resolve issues and make positive changes in their lives. She emphasizes skill building and work on grief, spirituality, and creativity while collaborating with other health care professionals to facilitate improved self-worth and a balanced, spiritually based lifestyle. Diana was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and is a twenty-three-year resident of Snohomish, Washington. She enjoys nature and living on a small farm that is home for horses, goats, geese, ducks, dogs, and cats. She has been with her husband, William Henry Taylor, for thirty-five years. He is a lawyer in nearby Everett. They have a daughter, Katherine Lee Taylor, who is also an attorney. Diana has master's degrees in education/counseling, public administration, and a post-master's certificate in Transforming Spirituality, all from Seattle University; she has also completed a program in counseling chemical dependency issues. She worked as a probation officer for fifteen years and has been in private practice since 1983 treating individuals, families, and couples. She has many years of group work with adults in addiction recovery. Diana is now working as a spiritual director in her private practice, as well. She is a local and international (Russia and China) speaker on mental health and addiction issues. For the last eleven years, she has used three therapy dogs in her practice. Diana loves to travel and has been profoundly influenced by European, Asian, and Russian cultures. With her interest in spiritual growth, Diana has visited numerous temples, churches, monasteries, and other sacred sites. A lifelong lover of horses, she has ridden in most of the countries she has visited. She has many creative outlets and has held numerous art shows that included her wall hangings, photography, clothing, purses, and jewelry. She also enjoys designing gardens and homes.
- Author(s)M P a Diana F Lee M Ed
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.