All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAre you ready for your child's teen years? If you've ever lain awake at night wondering what might be around the corner of your child's adolescence, this book is for you! After more than thirty-eight years of working with more than 2,500 years, Mark Gregston, founder of heartlight, a Christian residential counseling center, introduces Tough Guys and Drama Queens-a must-read how-to book for parents of pre-teens and teens with time-tested, biblical techniques to guide you through these unavoidably challenging years. Mark helps parents realize that some natural parenting approaches are actually counter-productive and therefore totally ineffective.In place of those, he offers tried and true wisdom on the vital importance of relationship, forgiveness, and explains how conflict is actually the precursor to change. Everyday your child is bombarded by highly sexualized culture and over-exposed to words and images that can influence them beyond your reach.your connection to them during these years is critical as is your response to tough issues such as appearance, performance, authority and respect, boundaries, and many more.
- Author BiographyMark Gregston has been helping parents and teens for 38 years. He is the founder and executive director of Heartlight, a residential counseling center for teens, which has helped more than 2,500 struggling adolescents. Mark spends 90 percent of his weekends teaching, and also hosts the Parenting Today's Teens radio program. Mark is happily married with two children, three grandchildren, one dog, and too many horses.
- Author(s)Mark Gregston
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Out-of-print date15/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.