Tough Talk 2: More Life-Changing Stories from the Tough Talk Team by Martyn Parrish, Millie Murray, Simon Pinchbeck, Joe Lampshire (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionStories of changed lives from three more members of the famous powerlifting evangelism team from the east end of London. Since the publication of 'Tough Talk' back in 2000 the Tough Talk team have established themselves as one of the most well-kwn evangelistic teams in the UK today. Making over 250 appearances each year in churches, prisons and schools as well as numerous outdoor events, the team share their stories of salvation using powerlifting as a unique backdrop.
- Author BiographyAt the age of 16 Joe entered the financial sector of the City of London and forged a successful career as a Lloyds broker. However, with no direction or purpose in life he became caught up in all the glitzy trappings that can so easily entangle a London worker. After a very scary experience with the occult, Joe came to the realisation that only Jesus Christ can fulfil the void in his life. He put his life in the trust of Jesus and became a born again Christian. He is now competing as a competitive power lifter and travels with us all over the world sharing his faith and the power of Jesus Christ that changed his life. Bio from www.tough-talk.com. Accessed 04.04.14 Martyn Parrish started a life of drug addiction at a very early age. The use of one soft drug led to harder drugs and finally, Martyn was injecting heroin and became a registered drug addict. He was very lonely and began to pray. He found strength to get his life back which he knows came from God. He is now a committed Christian and member of the team. As an enthusiastic powerlifter, he regularly demonstrates the squat at Tough Talk meetings. Bio from www.tough-talk.com. Accessed 04.04.14 Simon Pinchbeck was a copper, who had a career change & became a criminal, then had a life change, & became a Christian. After 23 yrs in the Metropolitan Police, Simon left after receiving a not guilty verdict on an assault charge. He then became obsessed with money and material things, so entered into a life of crime, but after being ripped off for a large amount of money by his knew found colleagues, he was left the lowest he had been in his life, facing prison, or even death. That was when God threw him a lifeline in the shape of fellow Tough Talk member Bryn Robertson. Seeing the change that faith had brought to Bryn, Simon made the choice to invite Jesus into his life, and embark on a personal relationship with him made real through the Christian Course of Alpha. This was in 2002, & since 2004, Simon has been a constant member of the Team eager to tell anyone that will listen, what the Love of Jesus has meant in his life. Bio from www.tough-talk.com. Accessed 04.04.14 Millie Murray was born in 1958 to Jamaican parents. She has lived all of her life in the east of London. She is the author of a number of books and has also written for TV and radio.
- Author(s)Joe Lampshire,Martyn Parrish,Millie Murray,Simon Pinchbeck
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight165 g
- Width198 mm
- Height131 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.