All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.25Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionSam is concerned about keeping things orderly and cool at school. She thinks people need to have a tough skin in order to fit in and withstand others meanness and lack of cooperation. Sam teases her free-spirited classmate Luisa and enlists a friend, Jayla, to help. But when Sam is confronted by a concerned teacher about her bullying, and Jayla turns on Sam and befriends Luisa, Sam begins to show some heart and rethink her treatment of others. The Weird! SeriesThese three books tell the story of an ongoing case of bullying from three third graders perspectives. Luisa describes being targeted by bullying in Weird! Jayla shares her experience as a bystander to bullying in Dare! And in Tough!, Sam speaks from the point of view of someone initiating bullying. Kids will easily relate to Luisa, Jayla, and Sam, as each girl has her own unique experience, eventually learning how to face her challenges with the help of friends, peers, and caring adults. Part of the Bully Free Kids line
- Author BiographyErin Frankel has an M.A. in English education and is passionate about teaching and writing. Shetaught ESL in Alabama before her recent move to Madrid, Spain, with her husband and threedaughters. Erin knows firsthand what it feels like to be bullied, and she hopes her stories will helpbring smiles back to children who have been involved in bullying. In her free time, Erin loveshiking in the Spanish mountains and kayaking in her hometown of Mays Landing, New Jersey.Paula Heaphy is a print and pattern designer in the fashion industry. She s an explorer of allartistic mediums from glassblowing to shoemaking, but her biggest love is drawing. She jumpedat the chance to illustrate her friend Erin s story, having been bullied herself as a child. She livesin Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Erin Frankel
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWeird (Free Spirit)
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width241 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paula Heaphy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.