All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionScattered from the rainforests of the Olympic Peninsula to the dry desert lakebeds of the Alvord Desert, the hot springs of Washington and Oregon provide some of the most unique vacation opportunities in the western United States. This guide describes 40 of the region's best soaks, including firsthand descriptions of each soaking location, along with detailed maps and directions, best seasons to visit, and intriguing histories and legends.Whether you're searching for a family hot springs resort with all the conveniences or an isolated natural thermal pool miles from civilization, Touring Washington and Oregon Hot Springs will guide you to a truly memorable escape from the ordinary.
- Author BiographyJeff Birkby's passion for hot springs began in the early 1980s when he was hired as a geothermal energy specialist for state of Montana. Jeff currently consults on geothermal energy projects, helping hot springs owners use their thermal resources for greenhouse, swimming pool, and space heating. Jeff is a member of the Humanities Montana Speakers' Bureau, and often lectures on the social history of hot springs of the West. More than a dozen soakable hot springs are within a two-hour drive of Jeff's home in Missoula, Montana.
- Author(s)Jeff Birkby
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleTouring Hot Springs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight372 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.