All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTourism Ecomics and Policy combines a comprehensive treatment of ecomic concepts and applications in tourism contexts. The topics covered are those that most occupy the attention of tourism ecomists in research and policy areas internationally. Content includes tourism demand and forecasting; tourism supply and pricing; measuring tourism's ecomic contribution using tourism satellite accounts; measuring the impacts and benefits of changes in tourism demand, contrasting Input-output and computable general equilibrium modelling; cost benefit analysis; ecomic evaluation of special events; tourism investment and infrastructure; tourism taxation; aviation and tourism issues, tourism and the environment (including climate change) and destination competitiveness. The text provides an excellent basis for students to appreciate the relevance of ecomic analysis to the solution of real life tourism issues as well as its importance for decision making by both destination managers and tourism operators.
- Author BiographyLarry Dwyer and Peter Forsyth are internationally reputed tourism economists who have made substantial contributions to the discipline over many years particularly in the area of tourism policy analysis. Larry Dwyer is Qantas Professor of Tourism Economics at the University of New South Wales, Australia while Peter Forsyth is Professor of Economics at Monash University, Australia. Wayne Dwyer, formerly senior lecturer in economics and finance at the University of Western Sydney specialises in managerial economics.
- Author(s)Larry Dwyer,Professor Peter Forsyth,Wayne Dwyer
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism Texts
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1502 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine44 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.