Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe tourism industry has increasingly recognized and responded to growing environmental concerns. In recent years, there has been an emergence of a variety of categories of tourism considered more environmentally friendly: green, eco-tourism, and sustainable tourism. Much of the literature that has addressed these developments has been orientated to the destination locale or specific to a development. These texts have t sought to investigate and examine the response of government/national tourist organizations to the international sustainability agenda and the responses/actions of tourism enterprises to this greening agenda. This text aims to address this remarkable gap. This indispensable contribution to the field provides a comprehensive, state of the art perspective on progress towards the objectives of sustainable development within the tourism sector across the globe by focusing on the environmental performance and adoption of environmental management systems by tourism enterprises.
- Author BiographyDavid Leslie is Reader in Tourism at Glasgow Caledonian University. He was responsible for the introduction of the tourism programmes at the University in 1993 and for their subsequent development.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 18
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid Leslie
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.