All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionExamine the reasons for the rapid growth of China's tourism industry Tourism and Hotel Development in China: From Political to Ecomic Success is a comprehensive guide to the development of the tourism industry in Mainland China following the end of the Cultural Revolution. Conceived as a textbook but equally valuable as a professional resource for consultants, researchers, and tourist organizations, this insightful book tracks the unique circumstances that sparked the growth of China's tourism and hotel industry from a political, diplomatic activity to a burgeoning ecomic industry. The book includes background information on geography, culture, history, politics, and ecomics, and examines the evolution of tourism policies, inbound vs. outbound travel, hotel operations and trends, and the Chinese government's role in developing tourism. China may be a latecomer to international tourism development, but visitors have made it one of the world's top 10 travel destinations every year since 1994. Since historic policy shifts in 1978 opened China's doors to the outside world, inbound tourism has played a significant role in building a national ecomy. And the increase in disposable income among China's citizens has helped create a sizable market for domestic and outbound tourism as well. Tourism and Hotel Development in China looks at the major factors and characteristics of each type of tourism, international hotel development trends and their influence on China's hotel industry, related human resources issues, travel services, the development of hotel chains in China, compensation and incentive management, and the future of China's tourism and hotel industry. Topics examined in Tourism and Hotel Development in China include: * travel and tourism, pre-and post-1949 * the Asia market * the intercontinental market * international tourism in different regions of China * popular urban tourist destinations in China * approved outbound destinations * outbound travel to Hong Kong * challenges facing travel services * local protectionism * travel agencies * hotel franchising * foreign vs. local hotel chains * outsourcing * and much more!Tourism and Hotel Development in China: From Political to Ecomic Success follows the journey of China's tourism industry from a public relations vehicle, restricted by the ecomy and controlled by the government, to an important source of commerce for a country whose national ecomy was nearly on the verge of collapse.
- Author(s)Hanqin Qiu Zhang,Kaye Sung Chon,Ray J. Pine,Terry Lam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.