All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Marketing is the utilisation of marketing principles and methods to encourage individual and organisational behaviour change for the public good. Traditionally the domain of government it is increasingly also utilised by n-government and n-profit organisations and other institutions of civil society as a n-regulatory means to achieve policy and public good goals. At a time when concerns over tourism's contribution to undesirable environmental, ecomic and social change is greater than ever, social marketing strategies are important for encouraging more appropriate and desirable behaviours by tourists and the tourism industry. Tourism and Social Marketing is the first book to comprehensively detail the relevance of social marketing principles and practice to tourism, destination management and marketing. By considering this relationship and application of social marketing approaches to key issues facing contemporary tourism development, such as the environment, this book provides significant insights into how the behaviours of visitors and businesses may be changed so as to develop more sustainable forms of tourism and improve the quality of life of destination communities. It further provides a powerful impetus to the development of tourism related forms of sustainable consumption and the promotion of ethical tourism and marketing. This invative book is comprehensive in scope by considering a variety of relevant fields relevant to tourism and social marketing practice including, health, n - profit organisations, governance, the politics of marketing and consumption, consumer advocacy and environmental and sustainable marketing. It integrates selected international cases studies to help tourism students engage with the broader debates in social marketing, governance and the politics of behaviour change and shows the relationship of theory to practice. Written by a leading authority in the field, topical and integrative, this book will be valuable reading for students, scholars and researchers in tourism.
- Author BiographyC. Michael Hall is a Professor of Marketing at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. He has longstanding teaching, publication and research interests in tourism, regional development and social/green marketing with particular emphasis on issues of place branding and marketing as well as conservation and environmental change, event management and marketing, and the use of tourism as an economic development and conservation mechanism. He is the author and editor of over 40 books as well as over 250 journal articles and book chapters and has been active in a number of international research and business associations.
- Author(s)C. Michael Hall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge International Series in Tourism, Business and Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 13 black & white halftones, 27 black & white line drawings
- Weight562 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.