All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionTrails and routes have been indispensable to travel and tourism over the centuries, helping to form the basis of mobility patterns of the past and the present. This book is the first to comprehensively examine these tourism trails from a tourism and recreation perspective. This cutting-edge volume is global in scope and discusses a wide range of natural, cultural and developed linear resources for tourism and recreation. The book is suitable for both researchers and students who are interested in cultural heritage-based tourism, recreation and leisure studies, landscape and change, human mobility, geography, environmental management, and broader interests in destination planning, development and management.
- Author BiographyDallen J. Timothy is Professor of Community Resources and Development and Senior Sustainability Scientist at Arizona State University, USA. His main research areas are trails, heritage, geopolitics and globalization processes. Stephen W. Boyd is Professor of Tourism, Masters Degree Coordinator and Research Coordinator in the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management, University of Ulster, UK. His research focuses on trails, heritage, national parks, niche tourism development and post-conflict environments.
- Author(s)Professor Dallen J. Timothy,Stephen W. Boyd
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number64
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight494 g
- Width154 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.