All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global growth of tourism has been matched by the significant growth in transport networks. In many ways, transport and tourism can be considered mutually dependent. Understanding the dimensions of tourism requires an understanding of how transport is governed, regulated and operated and how it subsequently facilitates tourism development. This book provides an overview of the relationships between various modes and types of transport and tourism. It views transport through various lenses, including inter-governmental regulations, national government regulation, the scope of transport networks and how this influences the shape of tourism, and the marketing and management of transport operations. The book ends with some considerations for the future of transport and tourism, including the management of environmental consequences and new forms of tourism-related transport.
- Author BiographyDavid Timothy Duval is Senior Lecturer and Director of the International Business Programme at the University of Otago's School of Business in Dunedin, New Zealand. He has written on aviation management, marketing and international regulatory environments and has consulted with several airlines in the Asia Pacific region. He is Editor of Tourism in the Caribbean (2004, Routledge) and Safety and Security in Tourism (with Dallen Timothy and C. Michael Hall, 2003, Haworth). David holds a PhD in Environmental Studies from York University.
- Author(s)David Timothy Duval
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2007
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight596 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.