Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhen I speak of love I am t speaking of some sentimental and weak response. I am speaking of that force which all great religions have seen as the supreme unifying principle of life. Love is somehow the key that unlocks the door which leads to ultimate reality. This Hindu-Moslem-Christian-Jewish-Buddhist belief about the ultimate reality is beautifully summed up in the first epistle of Saint John: 'Let us love one ather; for love is God and every one that loveth is born of God and kweth God.' (M. L. King, Jr.). Join African to Hindu-Moslem-Christian-Jewish-Buddhist then, this statement summarizes the major content of the work. This investigation does t claim to cover or solve all the problems in Nigeria. It rather examines the central principles of peaceful resolution of conflicts, investigates King's background and intellectual development culminating on his concepts of nviolent resistance. Further, the modus vivendi of the early Christians and Igbo concepts of Ala (Earth) and Oji (Kola nut) in the light of Catholic Social Teachings are closely investigated. The result indicates that their application can usher in political and religious peace in Nigeria.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Born in Nkwele-Inyi, Nigeria, Casmir Maduakor is a priest of the Catholic diocese of Enugu. Having worked in various pastoral, administrative, educational and conflict resolution fields, he was sent to Germany, where he obtained a doctorate degree in Social Ethics (Theology) at the University of Munich in 1999.
- Author(s)Casmir Maduakor
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 679
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.