Towards a Standards-Based Curriculum: A Toolkit for Primary Schools in England by MR Jazz C Williams (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.44+ AU $2.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.02+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionTowards a Standards-Based Curriculum offers England's primary schools a guide to implementing the National Curriculum for 2014, focusing on the revised programme of study for Mathematics, English and Science at Key Stage 1 and 2. School leadership, management and classroom teachers will learn how a standards-based curriculum functions and the implications for assessment. Two chapters, 'Assessing Without Levels' and 'Assessment Plans', contain the tools for establishing school-based assessment to monitor the impact of teaching on learning and achievement. This book guides the reader through making sense of curriculum standards and developing appropriate pedagogical responses. Complete medium-term planning for Mathematics covering Year 1 to Year 6 is featured in the book. A systematic and cumulative programme to support teaching basic number facts and concepts in Year 1 forms part of the curriculum and assessment materials. Standards-based unit plans for English and Science (with alignment to the QCA Scheme of Work) offer starting points for a school and teachers engaged in meeting new statutory requirements. This book provides the essentials for classroom teachers, subject leaders and those interested in translating the National Curriculum for 2014 into practice.Towards a Standards-Based Curriculum provides all of the essentials for successfully engaging the standards-based reform of the primary curriculum.
- Author BiographyJazz Carl Williams holds Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and has experience as a classroom teacher and in school leadership and management. He currently holds a leadership position within a state primary school where he is responsible for curriculum and assessment. In addition, he is a qualified and registered specialist teacher for literacy difficulties and dyslexia. J C Williams has written for the peer-reviewed journal, Literacy (UK Literacy Association, Wiley-Blackwell) and has a professional and academic background in literacy, language and learning holding a variety of postgraduate qualifications in these areas. He continues to develop academically and professionally, currently engaged in research into the construct of reading comprehension and inference in assessment tools.
- Author(s)MR Jazz C Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date11/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.