Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is a compilation of papers that deal with questions regarding the role of Education and Citizenship in the Indian context, and try to engage them through a conscious blend of epistemological, conceptual and empirical lenses. The book questions the Constitution of India which promises equality to all citizens and an equal enjoyment of rights. The papers in the book attempt to make the readers comprehend how robust an identity can be provided by citizenship in a complex and internally diverse society, and the role of education in securing social inclusion. The book also offers a study on the relation between inclusive education and citizenship under conditions of pluralism. The book gives an insight into the social structures in India related to citizenship and education, which is directed towards striving to create an inclusive democratic society in a nation characterized by an intricate mosaic of diversity and plurality.
- Author BiographyArjun Goswami is a renowned political scientist.Nabanita Sen is an Assistant Professor in the department of Education in Savitri Girls? College, India, and is associated with various organizations working for environment, minority welfare, women empowerment and disability rights. Alefiya Tundawala is an Assistant Professor in the department of Political Science in Savitri Girls? College, India, whose interests lie in investigating issues of community and identities, with emphasis on minority rights, gender and politics. Arjun Sengupta is an Assistant Professor in the department of English in Savitri Girls' College, India, whose areas of interest include medieval Arthurian literature and American novelists.
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationKolkata
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Edited byAlefiya Tundawala,Arjun Sengupta,Nabanita Sen
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.