Towers of Midnight by Professor of Theatre Studies and Head of the School of Theatre Studies Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<b>Since its debut in 1990, The Wheel of Time(r) by Robert Jordan has captivated millions of readers around the globe with its scope, originality, and compelling characters.</b></p>The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.</p>The final volume of the Wheel of Time, <i>A Memory of Light, </i> was partially written by Robert Jordan before his untimely passing in 2007. Brandon Sanderson, <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of the Mistborn books, and w Stormlight Archive, among others, was chosen by Jordan's editor--his wife, Harriet McDougal--to complete the final volume, later expanded to three books.</p>The Last Battle has started. The seals on the Dark One's prison are crumbling. The Pattern itself is unraveling, and the armies of the Shadow have begun to boil out of the Blight.</p>The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age.</p>Perrin Aybara is w hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a ose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in <i>Tel'aran'rhiod</i> and find a way--at long last--to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever.</p>Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life. The creatures beyond the stone gateways--the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn--have confused him, taunted him, and left him hanged, his memory stuffed with bits and pieces of other men's lives. He had hoped that his last confrontation with them would be the end of it, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. The time is coming when he will again have to dance with the Snakes and the Foxes, playing a game that cant be won. The Tower of Ghenjei awaits, and its secrets will reveal the fate of a friend long lost.</p><i>Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.</i> It's time to toss the dice.</p><b>The Wheel of Time</b><b>(r)</b><i>New Spring: The Novel</i>#1 <i>The Eye of the World</i>#2 <i>The Great Hunt</i>#3 <i>The Dragon Reborn</i>#4 <i>The Shadow Rising</i>#5 <i>The Fires of Heaven</i>#6 <i>Lord of Chaos</i>#7 <i>A Crown of Swords</i>#8 <i>The Path of Daggers</i>#9 <i>Winter's Heart</i>#10 <i>Crossroads of Twilight</i>#11 <i>Knife of Dreams</i></p><b>By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson</b>#12 <i>The Gathering Storm</i>#13 <i>Towers of Midnight</i>#14 <i>A Memory of Light</i></p><b>By Robert Jordan and Teresa Patterson</b><i>The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time</i></p><b>By Robert Jordan, Harriet McDougal, Alan Romanczuk, and Maria Simons</b><i>The Wheel of Time Companion</i></p><b>By Robert Jordan and </b><b>Amy Romanczuk</b><i>Patterns of the Wheel: </i><i>Coloring Art Based on Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time</i>
- Author Biography<b>Robert Jordan</b> was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He is a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with V and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he has also written dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting.</p>Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time(r), one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad.</p>Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.</p>BRANDON SANDERSON grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska. He lives in Utah with his wife and children and teaches creative writing at Brigham Young University. In addition to completing Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time(r), he is the author of such bestsellers as the Mistborn trilogy, <i>Warbreaker</i>, <i>The</i><i>Alloy of Law</i>, <i>The Way of Kings</i>, <i>Rithmatist</i>, and <i>Steelheart</i>. He won the 2013 Hugo Award for The Emperor's Soul, a novella set in the world of his acclaimed first novel, <i>Elantris</i>.
- Author(s)Brandon Sanderson,Professor of Theatre Studies and Head of the School of Theatre Studies Robert Jordan
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleWheel of Time
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight1080 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.