All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first all-color book devoted to collecting the toy soldiers and figures that were sold in the Five-and-Dime stores. Over 650 photographs, showing in excess of three thousand toy figures, are arranged in thematic style and and cover military and n-military toys. Compiled by some of the worlds leading authorities on toy soldiers and figures, the book traces the history and development of toy soldiers and figures between 1900 and 1960. Complete with price guide, explanations of termilogy, and an index, the book is a groundbreaking reference guide to collecting lead and composition toy figures. Over 60 manufacturers products are represented and the thematic/category chapters make it easy for experienced and new collectors to easily locate figures.
- Author BiographyDon Pielin lives in the Chicago area, where he organizes the Chicago Old Toy Soldier Show, and has been an avid collector for 30 years. Norman Joplin is the author of five previous books on toy soldiers and figures in England who now resides in Arizona. Verne Johnson lives in Washington state and has collected for nearly 30 years. He co-organizes the Pacific Northwest Toy Soldier and Figure Show each fall. Kent Wood is a professional artist and photographer in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Don Pielin,Norman Joplin,Verne Johnson
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note667 color photos
- Weight1680 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.