All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionGathering works by Cory Arcangel, Alex Bag & Patterson Beckwith, Judith Bernstein, Vittorio Brodmann, Marvin Gaye Chetwynd, Simon Denny, Harun Farocki, Tabor Robak and many others, this publication brings together artists who use pop-culture formats and imagery usually addressed to children or teenagers. This adoption of such motifs should t be seen merely as a reference to (or appropriation of) popular culture: rather, it becomes an implicit (or explicit) critique of a kind of capitalist production of consumer worlds that have also infiltrated the field of art. These playful children's or fantasy worlds, with their pop aesthetic and inherent promise of incence, contrast with the reality of these neoliberal advertising and market strategies. The publication includes essays by critic Esther Buss, professor Alexander R. Galloway, and art historian and philosopher Hans Ulrich Reck, among others, as well as interviews with the artists.
- PublisherJRP Ringier
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintJRP Ringier
- Weight640 g
- Width150 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHeike Munder,Judith Welter,Raphael Gygax
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.