All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhotographs of your seafaring ancestors may tell you more about their lives than you realize, and Simon Wills's helpful and practical guide shows you how to identify and interpret the evidence caught on camera. Since maritime roles have been so vital to Britain's prosperity and military might, they are among the commonest professions depicted in photographs of our ancestors, and his handbook is the ideal introduction to them. Maybe your ancestor was a seaman in the Royal Navy, a ship's captain, a steward on an ocean liner, or an officer in the naval reserves? This book shows you how to spot photographic clues to an individual's career. Whether your ancestor served in the merchant navy or the Royal Navy or in ather seagoing role such as a fisherman, a lifeboatman, or even a ship's passenger, Simon Wills's book will be your guide.
- Author BiographyDr Simon Wills is a genealogist and journalist and a regular contributor to Family Tree, Your Family History and other magazines. He writes mainly about maritime history and genealogy, but he also has a special interest in health and disease in the past. He works as an information specialist, writer and advisor to the National Health Service and other healthcare organizations. His most recent publications are Tracing Your Merchant Navy Ancestors and How Our Ancestors Died.
- Author(s)Simon Wills
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.