Tracking Your School's Success: A Guide to Sensible Evaluation by Lynn S. Winters, Joan L. Herman (Paperback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers school administrators and teachers step-by-step procedures and practical guidance for conducting sensible assessments and evaluations of school programmes, recording and measuring progress and communicating findings.
- Author BiographyJoan L. Herman is Director of the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST) at UCLA. Her research has explored the effects of accountability and assessment on schools and teachers and the design of assessment systems to support school planning and instructional improvement. Her recent work has focused on the quality and consequences of teachers' formative assessment practices. She also has wide experience as an evaluator of school reform. Dr. Herman is noted in bridging research, and practice, particularly in applications serving English Language Learners and at-risk students. Among her books are Tracking Your School's Success: A Guide to Sensible School-Based Evaluation; and A Practical Guide to Alternative Assessment, both of which have been popular resources for schools across the country. A former teacher and school board member, Dr. Herman is an elected AERA fellow, has published extensively in research journals and is a frequent advisor to prominent national and state research and development initiatives, including repeated service to the National Academy. She is past president of the California Educational Research Association; has held a variety of leadership positions in the American Educational Research Association, National Organization of Research Centers, and Knowledge Alliance; chairs the Para Los Ninos school board, and is current editor of the research journal, Educational Assessment. Lynn Winters was the Assistant Superintendent for Research Long Beach Unified School District, nationally recognized by the President and the Broad Prize for implementing systems for data guided decision making. She currently consults for Urban School Imagineers training urban school data teams and evaluating an urban school leadership training program. Prior positions include Lecturer in Social Research Methods at the UCLA Graduate School of Education, high school teaching (history, Spanish and Special Education); county office assessment consultant; Director of Research for Palos Verdes Schools; and Project Director for three grants at the UCLA National Center for Evaluation, Student Standards and Testing.She has co-authored two books with Joan Herman of UCLA CRESST, A Practical Guide to Alternative Assessment,(ASCD) and Tracking Your School's Success (Corwin Press), and is a reviewer for Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation (PARE), the AERA journal Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis (EEPA, and Educational Assessment. In addition, she has over a dozen published journal articles and regularly presents at the American Educational Research Association's Annual Meeting.
- Author(s)Joan L. Herman,Lynn S. Winters
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/03/1992
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.