All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn Tracking the Audience: The Ratings Industry From Analog to Digital, author Karen Buzzard examines the key economic, political, and competitive factors that have influenced ratings methods dominant in each of the markets for radio, TV, and the Internet, tracing the practiceA's history from its early beginnings up to its most recent advances. Beginning with the birth of the industry in 1929, Tracking the Audience traces the establishment of a standardized ratings currency as it evolved to meet the needs of the analog broadcast system, and explores the search for new gold standards necessitated by the devastating effects of the digital revolution. Buzzard examines key challenges to the established system by discussing the movement from traditional sampling methods to new, more transparent measurements. More than a history of the ratings industry itself, it also tracks the evolving business model for the broadcast industry. Tracking the Audience: The Ratings Industry From Analog to Digital shows how the development of conceptual tools designed to measure and package radio, TV, and Internet audiences is the result of a variety of historical factors. With a detailed examination of ratings providers, their methods, and their attempts to adjust to meet new demands a digital age, this volume explains how a standardized broadcast system of audience measurement ratings has evolved, and where it is going in the future.
- Author BiographyKaren Buzzard is a professor of media, journalism, and film at Missouri State University and is internationally acclaimed for her seminal scholarship in the area of ratings history and practice. She is the author of several works on the ratings industry and has published in professional journals such as the Journal of Radio Studies and the Journal of Media Economics. Her scholarship has resulted in solicitation by legal scholars, industry professionals, journalists, and business start-ups.
- Author(s)Karen S. Buzzard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.