All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionTrade, exchange and commerce touched the lives of everyone in antiquity, especially those who lived in urban areas. Trade, Traders and the Ancient City addresses the nature of exchange and commerce and the effects it had in cities throughout the ancient world, from the Bronze Age Near East to late Roman rthern Italy. Trade, Traders and the Ancient City employs the most recent archaeological, papyrological, epigraphic and literary evidence to present an invative and timely analysis of the importance and influence of trade in the ancient world.
- Author BiographyHelen Parkins is a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow at Cambridge University. She is the editor of Roman Urbanism: Beyond the Consumer City (Routledge 1997). Christopher Smith is a Lecturer in Ancient History in the University of St. Andrews. His publications include Early Rome and Latium: Economy and Society c. 1000-500 BC (Oxford University Press 1996).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/1998
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristopher B. R. Smith,Helen Parkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.