All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionHow much does regulation matter in shaping corporate behavior? This pathbreaking, in-depth study of fourteen pulp manufacturing mills in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand reveals that steadily tightening regulatory standards have been crucial for raising environmental performance. But while all firms have shown improvement, some have improved more than others, many going substantially beyond compliance. What explains the variation in compliance? It's t necessarily the differences in regulation in each country. Rather, variation is accounted for by the complex interaction between tightening regulations and a social license to operate (especially pressures from community and environmental activists), ecomic constraints, and differences in corporate environmental management style. Shades of Green provides the most extensive and systematic empirical study to date of why firms achieve the levels of environmental performance that they do.
- Author BiographyNeil A. Gunningham is Professor in the School of Resources, Environment, and Society at the Australian National University. Robert A. Kagan is Director of the Center for the Study of Law and Society and Professor of Law and Political Science at the University of California, Berkeley. Dorothy Thornton is Research Associate at the Center for the Study of Law and Society at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Dorothy Thornton,Neil A. Gunningham,Robert A. Kagan
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note7 tables
- Weight474 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.